Greetings, gardeners and Garden friends!
Have you seen what’s happening at the Garden lately?
Last week, the troop continued their efforts in transforming the pollinator garden. Digging trenches, filling planter barrels, painting a bee tower. This is going to a very special place!!
And our garden team is building even more beds – one on the upper deck of the tree grove, and the other will be the container bed/work area.
It’s thrilling to see all the work going on and the progress being made all throughout! And always great to see new friends getting involved!
Come by and join your community at the Garden, Sundays from 8AM to 10AM. There’s PLENTY to do! Here's a sample:
* Please sign in and write your name on a label.
* Continue setting up the container bed/work area.
* Fill barrels and other containers with soil.
* Thin plants as needed.
* Weeding in all beds – with guidance on which are weeds and what are intentionally planted flowers to deter garden pests. It’s sometimes hard to know the difference.
* Supplemental watering where needed.
* Prep long garden bed for flowers.
* Plant more seeds.
* Add more pavers to the melon patch.
* Tend to weeds in soup garden; harvest thin plants; pick lettuce.
* Pull mint in the herb garden.
* Clip sunflowers – take some home! We’ll be clipping it periodically.
* Continue sprucing up the Garden premises in general.
* Everyone, please sign out in the Garden logbook before leaving. Enter your name, what you did, and note anything that needs attention. Comments and suggestions are always welcome!
See you at the Garden!
Ahwatukee Community Garden Beauty
I started coming to the Sunday gardening group in the fall of 2013. I've learned a lot and have forged new friendships with other earth lovers. Master Gardeners Linda and Bob have so much knowledge they freely give the rest of us! Bill and I became Master Gardeners as well in 2014 ~ Kelly Athena